Sunday, January 22, 2012

My late goodbye to 2011

I did not get a chance to say goodbye to 2011 as it was a very busy time for me.  So I am just going to put in a quick goodby to 2011 before I get on to the new year - even though I have already posted my first order for the year.
My middle son Matt got married to his delightful fiance Bec on 9th December and of course I had the pleasure of making the wedding cake and the cute thank you gifts for the guests.  The ceremoney and reception were held at Bilgola Beach.  My eldest daughter Jayde - owner of the infamous Little Paper Lane at Mona Vale www.littlepaperlane.com.au & husband Steve - were the brains & braun behind the decorations. The day was perfect given that there was a solid week of rain and a great time was had by all.






We were also given some more happy news to end the 2011 year.  Jayde found out that she is pregnant and due to have baby # 2 in May of 2012!  Yay! So that will now make me the very proud GG (gorgeous granny) of 3 very beautiful grandchildren - Iggy, Charlee and ? (we know that it is a little girl).  I guess I am going to be very very busy with cakes in the next coming years. 


And my other busy function during the year of 2011 was the planning of my Mum's 80th Surprise birthday party.  We found lots of long lost friends and relatives and got together to give mum a great surprise to celebrate her 80th birthday.  I loved the cake I made for mum - even though it was decorated under a bit of pressure whilst all the relo's were watching!  It was a great day and will be remembered for years to come.
So it was a very busy year with lots of celebrations throughout and maybe this year I will get around to saying goodbye before rather than after.  Goodbye 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment